Palm Fatty Acid Distillate - PFAD
- Palm fatty acid distillate (PFAD) is a by-product from refining crude palm oil.
- PFAD is a light brown semi-solid at room temperature melting to a brown liquid on heating.
- PFADs comprise mainly of free fatty acid (FFA) (>80%) with palmitic acid and oleic acid as the major components.
||Palm Fatty Acid Distillate : PFAD
|INCI Name / Origin
||Palm Fatty Acid Distillate: [PFAD]
||Light brown to Creamy
- Palm Kernel Residue
- Soya Acid OilO
- Soya Fatty Acid Distillate
- Used Cooking Oil – UCO
- Coconut Fatty Acid Distillate – CFAD
- Coconut Acid Oil
|Palm Fatty Acid Distillate: [PFAD] |
|Parameter ||Method ||Specification|
|Free Fatty Acid [ F.F.A ] As Palmitic ||AOCS Ca 5a-40 ||70.0 % Min.|
|Saponification Value [ mgKOH/g ] ||AOCS Cd 3-25 ||200.0 – 215.0|
|Saponifiable matter || ||95.0 %Min.[Basis 97%]|
|Total Fatty Matter [ T.F.M ] || ||95.0 % Min.|
|Moisture and Impurities ||AOCS Ca 2c-25 ||1.0 % Max|
|Acid Value ||AOCS Cd 3-25 ||200.0 – 205.0|
|Iodine Value [ mlg/100g% ] ||AOCS Cd Id-92 ||55.0 Max.|
|Titer Deg °C || ||40.0 Min|
|Colour Lovibond 5 1/4” Max. || ||4.0 Y ||6.0 R|
|Unsap Matter ||AOCS Ca 6a-40 ||1.5 Max|
|Peroxide Value (MEQ/KG) || ||0.5 Max|
|Melting Point || ||53.0 Max|
|C-12 Lauric Acid || ||0.18|
|C-14 Myristic Acid ||ISO 5508 ||1.22|
|C-16 Palmitic Acid ||ISO 5509 ||49.61|
|C-18 Stearic Acid || ||4.12|
|C-18:1 Oleic Acid || ||35.5|
|C-18:2 Linoleic Acid || ||8.79|
|C-18:3 Alpha Linoleic Acid || ||0.3|
Packing: 185 Kg.Net X 98 Second Steel drums = 18.13 MT or Bulk 20 MT in Flexi Bag /ISO Tank FCL.
Palm Fatty Acid Distillate: [PFAD]
- Packing : 1 unit 20 FT Container
- Country Of Origin : Malaysia
- Loading Port : Malaysia
- Packing : 180Kg. net. X 80 New Steel Drum = 14.4 MT Per 20 FT FCL
- Packing : BULK – ISO TANK = 18 MT Per 20 FT ISO Container Load
- Packing : BULK – FLEXI TANK = 20 MT Per 20 FT ISO Container Load Product Stored in Sealed Containers in a cool and dry Place is stable for at least 2 Year.
► This product is of 100% vegetable origin and Kosher certified.
Palm Fatty Acid Distillate – PFAD
- Palm fatty acid distillate (PFAD) are generally used in the soap industry, animal feed industry, and as raw materials for oleochemicals industries,
- In the manufacture of candles, cosmetics and toiletries. Other application include their use as food emulsifiers, an aid in rubber processing , in flavours and fragrance industries as well as in pharmaceutical products.
- PFAD is obtained as a by-product or distillate during the Palm Oil refining process.
- Palm Fatty Acid Distillate is available in White and Yellow Colors. Palm Fatty Acid Distillate (PFAD) contains a very high free fatty acid level and is mainly principal use is in the manufacture of quality soaps, animal feed.
- Palm Fatty Acid Distillate is widely used in various industries. Such as in the manufacturing of candles, cosmetics, toiletries and pharmaceutical products. In Oleo chemical Industries. And Used as a raw material in Vitamin E manufacture. As well animal feed manufacturing.
- Appearance: Light brown solid at room temperature, melting to brown liquid on heating.
- This oil is utilized where odour and colour stability are a primary importance.
- This product is originated 100% from vegetable-based oil.
- Vitamin E has been extracted commercially from PFAD for encapsulation